Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Losi Team Driver

Depends on how much room you want/need. If you plan on using the rear mount for the ESC to keep it close to the motor then you don't need much room on the chassis and can use the faster 6040. If you want to try and squeeze in the ESC on the chassis you should opt for the 6070 to give you as much room as possible to fit everything in place. Both servo's have great specs and you should be happy with the steering duties of both options.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you for your advice.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 PM

Default esc/ brushless combo ????

what brushless system should i use for the "losi 22"???? i own my own indoor track in new york and its a blast to run 2wd buggies cant wait to test the mid motor design!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Losi Team Driver

Mod or stock?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM

I had the opportunity to test various BL ESCs and motors this year, Speed Passion GT 2.0, LRP SPX Zero, Speed Passion Cirtix Club Race and Tekin RS, and LRP X11, X12 and Speed Passion Competition 3.0 motors.

I liked the Tekin RS best, but the Cirtix Club Race is also really nice considering the low price. However, you cannot run anything faster than a 9.5 turn motor. The other speedos aren't bad either.
The Speed Passion Competition 3.0 motors feature really nice 3.5 mm plugs inside the motor can and run way cooler than the LRP versions. The 7.5 and 8.5 turn versions are especially well suited for of-road due to their closed housing.
I'll probably try a Team Epic D3 as well, but they are hard to get here in Europe.

I've got a question, too. When can we expect the pdf manual? I'll soon go on a tour of duty and only return in late May; I'd like to have at least the manual to drool over.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Default esc/motor combo

plan on buying two losi 22's so i'll run one in mod and one in stock just dont know what of the many combos i should use!????? be nice hearing from a pro on this subject.......oh and gearing for each would be helpful aswell? my own indoor track is the size of amain hobbies indoor track i just built it. its the only reason why i bought my last house was for the warehouse size building out back. track size is 50'x95'
Old 01-08-2011, 11:34 PM

The pro drivers will recommend their sponsors' products, which is absolutely normal.
Gearing is the same as for the xxx-cr, so maybe you should check out some pro driver's a-main hobbies set-up sheets both on the motor/esc combo and on gearing.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von ryan View Post
plan on buying two losi 22's so i'll run one in mod and one in stock just dont know what of the many combos i should use!????? be nice hearing from a pro on this subject.......oh and gearing for each would be helpful aswell? my own indoor track is the size of amain hobbies indoor track i just built it. its the only reason why i bought my last house was for the warehouse size building out back. track size is 50'x95'
Your track is about the size of our local indoor track -- my XXX buggy has the same tranny ratio as the 22, and I run 32:76 with a Ballistic 17.5 w/ SpeedPassion GT2.0 LPF...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Okay I am going to run a 17.5 setup for stock racing, just checked with local rules. I also am going to get a 6070 servo now instead of a 6040. And that new Xcelerion lipo that is made for the 22. Now I just need a radio with a small receiver, nothing fancy. Can't wait to wheel it even if it's not until March when I get everything and assembled!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:05 PM

Default what motor to get for the 22?

Ok, this looks like a great buggy. Having just bought an 8ight E and planning to race it when I get my nerve up (only race a stock Slash 2 wd now), I am thinking that this buggy may be a good way to work into more advanced racing. So my question is - should I buy a 17.5 motor and race it in stock class or go for a 7.5 or 8.5 motor set up and race in the non stock class? The motor and ESC seem to be in the same price range, so why not get the faster one? also, what voltage battery is used for these classes, 7.4 or 11.1? Any tips or pointers on this would be great as I have not run a 17.5, 8.5 or 7.5 motor and do not know how they compare.

Tags
a-arms, aluminum a-arms, front suspension arm, losi 22, rtr