Quote:
Originally Posted by sellers11535 View Post
i have 3000 in it now
the guy beating me has the mf trany with 90 17 and a 13.5ss
i have a 13.5 ss and same gears and he drives straight through us
were all on gtb escs and 13.5ss motors
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellers11535 View Post
the car has a ton of bite but the acc isnt the same as his and we dont know why??????
MF or MF2 tranny?

Batteries can play a big part in the overall power of a system.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 PM

is there a difference on mf or mf2 on roll out
we run 5000 40c max
think he changed stickers on battery
Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Losi Team Driver

All black tranny cases are 2.43. The gray MF2 (or gen II) tranny are 2.56.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Lots of opinions out there on motors and speed controls, I prefer sensored such as the tekin rs or rs pro and redline, Novak is good too. sensorless are cheaper and fast just not as controllable. jmo for running up and down the street I probably wouldn't spend the extra money on the sensored stuff for racing get the best you can afford. 2s lipo is plenty for a 2wd short course truck and all you can legally race anyways.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
All black tranny cases are 2.43. The gray MF2 (or gen II) tranny are 2.56.
I didn't think the MF2 tranny worked in the xxx-sct..?

I hate my ball diff too. How much of a difference do you think there really is between the two? Do you really think it will make that much of a difference for rookie drivers?
XXX-T
Mini Sprint
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5teven5 View Post
I hate my ball diff too. How much of a difference do you think there really is between the two? Do you really think it will make that much of a difference for rookie drivers?
The ball diff is the best and first thing anyone should put in the truck. I think the it makes a huge difference, especially a rookie, the gear diff just has grease for lube, not for tuning, so it is real tail happy, and a proper installed ball diff pretty much eliminates that
Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Losi Team Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5teven5 View Post
I didn't think the MF2 tranny worked in the xxx-sct..?

some may still be running conversion trucks. You can get an MF2 tranny to work with the right mix of parts.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM

I posted this in another thread with no response so I will try here:

My xxx-sct is working very well at my track except for two large jumps where I have trouble keeping the thing from flying away. I have hacked up the body about as much as I can to allow air flow, but that has not worked. I have started stabbing the brake at lift off and this seems to help but it is not the optimum landing position on one jump and I am losing shot of time there. I guess my next move is to start adding weight, but my concern is that I will lose the feel it has now. Do you have any suggestions that might make the change easier? Do you increase a certain amount of oil weight or spring rate per so many ounces of weight added? Or is there another way to make this body work... The truck is awesome with the body off. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Losi Team Driver

Welcome to SC truck racing. Jumping into the wind with an SC truck is tough. Proline and JC both have bodies that claim better jumping. What I saw at the last big race I was at with two large jumps in the wind is guys found it easier to back flip then try and just jump the cars. There was a pretty stiff wind right into the jumps in the afternoon though. It was all brands of SC truck that were having issues. I say this to let you know the XXX-SCT is no better or worse then the other trucks out there when it comes to this. Getting the nose down quick is critical to get the truck to not fly over. Adding weight to the truck helps as well. Makes it more stable. the 4X4 trucks with same bodies but 1+ lbs more weight dont seem to have the same issues 2wd do. Not saying add a 1lb to your SCT but just to point out weight adds stablity. Holes in the bodies do help but only to a point. I am not aware of secret setup changes that can help with this either.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 AM

congrats to Dustin for his win in the short course shootout with his XXX-SCT

just awesome mate

Tags
1/10scale, batteries, breaking issues, breaks, brushless, castle creations, charger, differential, electric, esc, lipo, losi, racing, rtr, sct, setups, sidewinder 3, spur gear, stronghold, truck, xxx-sct