Old 08-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Thx Casper.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Losi Team Driver

Send a message via AIM to Chris Wolfson Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Wolfson Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Wolfson

This is all I cut out on mine. This has been very effective at minimizing the parachuting effect on my truck. It jumps fantastic. The area between the number plates has been removed and then the holes in the bottom of the windshield.

In the video linked below you can see the truck jumping really well over the triple in the middle of the track. The body is the black and red stock paint job, but it is cut the exact same way as my paint job in the picture. Excuse the bad driving - just wanted to show you the truck jumping. It jumped well, but was having some forward traction issues. :-)

http://youtu.be/XKlzktsZUfs
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 PM

yeah! thanks i cut the same holes in the bottom of windshield! and just the 2 round where the fan is! maybe for best result i cut a big rectangle between the two number plate like your truck! the track where a practice if built for buggy and truggy1/8 so the jump are realy big for a sct 1/10 like 15feet flat! or more. sometimes the truck jump very smooth but not all the time! the wind have a big factor in outdoor track. the first day a practice with my new setup they have a lot of wind! next time i will go to the track when have no wind!

thanks Chris for helping! i enjoy
Old 08-13-2011, 05:58 PM

I need advice

I'm running the stock sct except for the electronics and motor and am looking for a bit more speed as I seem to be about 75% of the speed of others at the track. I'm the only Losi at this point. We must run 17.5 motors.

I'm running castle sidewinder esc, max amp 8000 2s lipo, 16% boost, 17.5 tekin. 130 temps in 90 temp air. 26 pinion, 78 spur. Does it make any sense to try more gearing of higher pinion and lower spur? I don't want to chase my butt and buy more gears (if they even make them) if an experienced racer thinks the gearing is already maxed out.

Temps seem to tell me to keep chasing the gearing. But ive never heard others running these ratios Or it's a motor that is not able to reach it's peak. brand new. Castle doesn't allow sensored hookup

Casper and Chris and Others....any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Losi Team Driver

Send a message via AIM to Chris Wolfson Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Wolfson Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Wolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggoman View Post
I need advice

I'm running the stock sct except for the electronics and motor and am looking for a bit more speed as I seem to be about 75% of the speed of others at the track. I'm the only Losi at this point. We must run 17.5 motors.

I'm running castle sidewinder esc, max amp 8000 2s lipo, 16% boost, 17.5 tekin. 130 temps in 90 temp air. 26 pinion, 78 spur. Does it make any sense to try more gearing of higher pinion and lower spur? I don't want to chase my butt and buy more gears (if they even make them) if an experienced racer thinks the gearing is already maxed out.

Temps seem to tell me to keep chasing the gearing. But ive never heard others running these ratios Or it's a motor that is not able to reach it's peak. brand new. Castle doesn't allow sensored hookup

Casper and Chris and Others....any thoughts?
It could have something to do with the esc. If you paired the Tekin motor with an RS Pro or something like that, you might get better performance. I think you have some room to gear up as well...
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Losi Team Driver

I take it your rules allow for boosting?

A tekin or LRP or new Orion setup will get you where you need to be. ESC makes all the difference when trying to play in the boosted stock world. If you are running no timing stock then gearing becomes your limiting factor.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I take it your rules allow for boosting?

A tekin or LRP or new Orion setup will get you where you need to be. ESC makes all the difference when trying to play in the boosted stock world. If you are running no timing stock then gearing becomes your limiting factor.
So where do I get gearing that goes higher than 26 pinion, and lower than 78 spur that fits the Losi SCT?

I had all Castle ESC's, and have great luck with them. When the track required 17.5 stock motors, i went with Tekin. I've calibrated the esc/transmitter, and went thru motor calibration. i THINK i have room with temps to go further with gearing....just don't know where to get the gears!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Losi Team Driver

Many companies make larger then 26. I like the Robinson alum gears for the big ones to keep weight of the large pinons down.

http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...+pinion&vno=72

Tekin boosted I would start gearing around a 23. Non boosted 28.

Not many options right now for smaller direct fit spurs.

AE makes a 72 you can fit on but you have to use AE slipper pads as well. There may be smaller options soon! but 76 is plenty small for the SCT. You can go all the way up to a 33-34 pinon with the 76 which is way too tall for the SCT. Smaller spurs are really for the buggy gearing.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Hi guys, i have motor spacing kits available now. It allows you to move the motor over 6mm for better weight distribution. All mounting hardware is included now. If interested contact me at jeffreyphelps74@yahoo.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001-(2).jpg (12.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (85.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Question on the bodies for the SCT.. Is the body for the XXX-SCT the same as the one for the 10 SCTE?? I havent seen the XXX SCT body in person just in pics? I was looking at ordering an Upgrade skin.
They are but they aren't! Hows that for an answer? I have both, they only difference I've noticed is the 2wd body is thicker plastic.
XXX-T
Mini Sprint

Tags
1/10scale, batteries, breaking issues, breaks, brushless, castle creations, charger, differential, electric, esc, lipo, losi, racing, rtr, sct, setups, sidewinder 3, spur gear, stronghold, truck, xxx-sct