Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 PM

got on looking for upgraded parts. That are not made by losi. I know that the shock towers and all work but I am looking for some parts that work well. But thanks for the info though
Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 AM

does anyone have a contact # for DE racing, i ordered 6 sets of wheels for the xxx sct and havent heard a word from them, and cant find a way to contact them. getting worried
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 AM

Default New guy with xxx sct.

Hey I'm Mario. I live in St Robert, MO. I work at Boggs Auto and me all the other mechanics just got into short course trucks. Everybody bought Traxxes slashes and AE sc10's and hpi blitz. I thought I would b different and get the new losi xxx. Well I've had nothing but problems. Transmitter and reciever won't bind all the time. If I use the same nimh battery as the other guys my car is 2x as slow. I have to run a lipo battery to come close To them. I been through everything and tried it all. I've hada couple of the big guys look it over and read the intrusions. And adjusted the clutch and gearing. Just ordered new reciever and transmitter. My other buddy has a xxx also and his performs 3x as well. If you guys can think of anything let me know. But here's pics of the trucks and a couple others.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Losi Team Driver

Did you take off the inductors on between the ESC and the motor? They rob power and could be hurting performance. There is a chance you could have just had a bad motor as well.

Binding issues could be from low voltage on the radio. The kit batteries work alright for a little while but getting a good set of alkilines will last much longer and if the voltage drops too low on the radio you will have bind issues.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Losi Team Driver

Did you read your manual?

Make sure it is setup for reverse.

"Selecting Speed Controller Modes
To change modes on your MSC-12L hold the setup key for over
5 seconds while in neutral. Once you find desired mode, simply release
the key and you are ready for action.
Forward/Reverse mode—Solid Green LED
Forward Only mode—Fast Flashing Green LED
Practice mode—Slow Flashing Green LED
Crawler mode*—Solid Green and Red LED"

Also understand you need to hit the brakes twice to get it in reverse. This is done so you have brakes for normal running and don't put the truck in reverse on accident going full speed!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM

I reprogrammed it about three times. Still no brakes. I do not want to use the reverse mode. There is too much lag between using reverse and going back forward. Besides, we are encourage not to use reverse at our track. I was only testing it in the FWD only mode. I guess I will use my XL-5 for racing this Saturday at the track that has the Spec SC class, but I do not want to cut off the mounting post for the stock esc. My Tekin RS fits just fine when I want to race at the track that races 17.5s.

I had brakes in the FWD only mode last weekend. Are you saying they're suppose to be no brakes in the FWD only mode?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Only way to contact them is to go to their website and e-mail them. Site doesn't give a phone # to call
Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Did you take off the inductors on between the ESC and the motor? They rob power and could be hurting performance. There is a chance you could have just had a bad motor as well.

Binding issues could be from low voltage on the radio. The kit batteries work alright for a little while but getting a good set of alkilines will last much longer and if the voltage drops too low on the radio you will have bind issues.
The inductors? The 2 black things that say HOT on them?? What do they do?? Also I'll try new batteries. Thx alot for the help.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Losi Team Driver

Yeah those things. They were required for some europe requirement of sorts. They rob power is what they do and get hot! Cut them off and you should see a good increase in overall power.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MAN View Post
Only way to contact them is to go to their website and e-mail them. Site doesn't give a phone # to call

thanks, the email system on their website dosent work, but i found them on ebay and emailed them through ebay. all is good and on their way.

thanks for the help.

by the way love the xxx sct, have only run it on carpet once. has a pretty good push on throttle coming out of the turns, but should have that worked out by the next race. was almost wheeling with a fantom 17.5 and momba max pro, inside tire was coming about 1 1/2" of the ground. chassie set up was (box stock), will be running at the big kahuna in Grand Blanc MI. feb 5th. last yr over 250 entries, cant wait, will be 1st run on hard packed cold clay.

Tags
1/10scale, batteries, breaking issues, breaks, brushless, castle creations, charger, differential, electric, esc, lipo, losi, racing, rtr, sct, setups, sidewinder 3, spur gear, stronghold, truck, xxx-sct