Losi Forums » Main Categories » Micros and Minis »

Cannot bind transmitter to new reciever

Old 02-22-2012, 06:07 PM

Default Cannot bind transmitter to new reciever

Hey guys I need help. I have a Losi 1/24 micro rally car, I am using the 27mhz transmitter that comes with it. Today I purchased a Lipo battery for it and also an upgrade kit that is made by Losi that comes with the brushless motor and upgraded 2.4ghz receiver. The part number on the combo kit I got is LOSB9593.

I installed everything correctly and I turn on the receiver and put it into bind mode (green led starts flashing) and I turn on my transmitter but it never picks up the signal. I have looked on the manual on how to put the transmitter in bind mode and have found nothing, the only thing I;ve been able to come up with is that the cheaper transmitters automatically pick up the signal when you turn them on. The guy at the hobby store told me this should just bolt in and work, can my 27mhz transmitter work with the 2.4ghz receiver? Do I need a new transmitter? Does anyone know how to bind the transmitter to the receiver? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 AM

You need a spektrum 2.4ghz transmitter such as dx3e dx2e dx3c etc
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 AM

are you serious.... They also put this in the instructions:

"16. Bind the receiver to your transmitter. If using the 27MHz receiver, find a location on your chassis to mount the antenna to and reinstall the crystal you removed earlier."
http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/...d-to-brushless

I dont know what this means. So will any Spektrum 2.4ghz transimitter work? I am looking for the cheapest one, I just dont want to get one and then find out it wont work later.

I found this one on ebay, does it look good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-SPM...ht_1268wt_1163
Old 02-23-2012, 03:37 PM

in the top link that you posted it states that you need the 27MHz reciever combo in order for the stock transmitter to work.
Losi 3-wire servo and 27MHz Receiver Combo (LOSB0830)
Old 02-23-2012, 04:47 PM

There's some confusion going on here. DO NOT buy the Losi 3-wire servo and 27MHz Receiver Combo (LOSB0830), it will not work with the combo kit you bought.

The combo you bought, LOSB9593 is the newer brushless/2.4GHz combo that Losi recently came out with. It's a brushless ESC and 2.4GHz receiver all in one. It must be used with a Losi or Spektrum 2.4GHz transmitter.

The older brushless combo, LOSB9594, which is the system in the instructions you linked to, uses a seperate ESC and does not include a receiver. If you wanted to use it with the stock 27MHz transmitter then you had to buy the Losi 3-wire servo and 27MHz Receiver Combo LOSB0830. This doesn't work too well because 27MHz AM gets a lot of interference and causes it to glitch a lot, so it was best to buy a 2.4GHz radio and receiver for it.

In order to use the kit you bought you have to get a Losi or Spektrum 2.4ghz surface transmitter. The one you linked to will work fine, but you can use a Losi radio instead which should be cheaper on ebay.

Here's one I found in a quick search, and will work great with your setup. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Losi-Spe...item46013ecaa9
Old 02-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Yea I had to cut my losses and go buy a new transmitter, really wish the guy at the hobby store knew what he was doing, he cost me an extra 80 bucks.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:39 PM

Yea I had to cut my losses and go buy a new transmitter, really wish the guy at the hobby store knew what he was doing, he cost me an extra 80 bucks.