Losi Forums » Main Categories » Nitro Off-Road »

3.4 speed NT tuning

Old 07-30-2011, 08:57 PM

Question 3.4 speed NT tuning

Hi everyone I have recently bought a losi speed NT and I just want to know what is the best settings for all the needles should be to get the best performance out of it running on 16% nitro fuel.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:50 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJChrisV25 View Post
Hi everyone I have recently bought a losi speed NT and I just want to know what is the best settings for all the needles should be to get the best performance out of it running on 16% nitro fuel.
There is no magic needle setting that anyone can give you. All engines are slightly different and settings are affected by so many factors that it is in your best interest to learn the art of tuning. It's really not as hard as it can be made out to be,so as long as you can hear and/or see you should be a competent tuner in no time. Here is a link to a great resource for noobs and longtimers as well. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ing+flow+chart Print that baby out and take it into the field with you a few times until you get a feel for what to change and when. The one rule to never forget is no smoke=to lean.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:05 AM

Thanks mate,I know the basics I have had alot of previous but cheapo nitro cars before.I did learn that Hobao is one of the sh%test brands of cars out there.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Token

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJChrisV25 View Post
Thanks mate,I know the basics I have had alot of previous but cheapo nitro cars before.I did learn that Hobao is one of the sh%test brands of cars out there.
Hobao is not all that bad. They are just not popular in the States. But else where they are popular.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 AM

So what is popular over there? What is a good reliable nitro car or truck? I like my Speed NT it's very fast even though I have not tuned it yet,All I have done is leaned in the Mixture screw about 1 turn clockwise running on 16% Nitro. I was thinking about putting bigger wheels and tyres on it not sure exactley what would fit or what brand but I want maybe something like LST2 wheels on it.

Tags
speed nt 3.4 losi