Losi Forums » Main Categories » Micros and Minis »

Problem with mini lst 2

Old 07-08-2012, 03:12 PM

Default Problem with mini lst 2

Hii my name is Rob and i am new here and from Warwick,RI.

I have a few RC cars and trucks,kinda new to this whole thing.I got great places to ride but i mostly like to jump and bash.

I just bought a Losi Mini LST 2 used.The truck is in perfect condition.I paid $125 inc. shipping.If i had known the truck was only &200 new,i woulda bought new.My problem is that when i turn on the reciever , the reciever turns yellow and there is no light ESC.I push the ESC button and it turns red and shuts off,no responce from the transmitter.I then hit the ESC button 2 times and it goes from red to green and off again.I tried going through the manuell and programing it but the ESC light dosen't seem to do what the manuel wants me to do.Batteries are all charged,the light on the reciever is on but nothing.I am at a loss,The seller dosent get it eithor .
Thanks for reading and any help will be greatly apreciated.

Rob/Shakey
Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 PM

I would start by checking if at least the steering works. If it doesn't it might mean your radio crystals don't match or are missing. Or if its a 2.4ghz then it might not be bound to the reciever in the truck. If thats all good then I would make sure the battery is fully charged and all the settings and trims are back to normal and in neutral position. Then I would try to re program the esc.
Hope this helps
Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee

The Mini LST2 uses the Losi DSM 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver, so there aren't any crystals to mess with. If the light is on on the receiver, the transmitter and receiver are bound. It sounds like something going on with the ESC or servos.

Disconnect the steering servos individually and see if you get any throttle response (disconnect one servo, try the throttle, then disconnect the other servo). If you get throttle response, one of your servos is damaged and it's overloading the BEC in the speed control.

If you don't get any throttle response and the battery truly is fully charged, replace the ESC.

$125 shipped is a pretty decent deal. You wouldn't be able to buy one new unless you were able to find a dealer with one still on the shelf. They've been discontinued for quite a while now. Parts are still readily available.