Losi Forums » Main Categories » Micros and Minis »

MINI SCT and wheels/tires

Old 06-11-2012, 05:51 AM

Default MINI SCT and wheels/tires

I am thinking about getting a Mini SCT to fool around with, because of its manageable size and the fact that it comes stock with a brushless system. Seems like a great bang for the buck. I was curious about wheels/tires. Around me there is a huge parking lot and a lot of beach, meaning that I will be using the car on asphalt or on sand. I read that the stock tires are very soft and will wear quickly. I was thinking about getting a set of street tires for the parking lot, or sand paddles for the beach. Unfortunately while I was looking through the site I was not able to see the sizes of the "street meats" or the sand paddles. Will they work ok with a Mini SCt?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM

I would just keep the stock tires on the rear for the asphalt, sure they will go bald but once they are they grip really well. Also if u want paddles for the dunes just get a set of losi paddles and dish wheels they should do great
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM

the stock tires are terrible once you go through a set i would not look back at those...especially if you are running 3s and upgraded pinion and spur gears they will just fall off.

there are 3 really good options

1) traxxas 7073 tire/rim combo you will need losi hex set losb1931 for it to work....they onlly work in the rear
2) traxxas 7071 tires mounted on losi rims
3) losi larger diameter rims from mini slider losb1196 (not sure on the pn)

my tire after 1 week

here are the traxxas tires mounted on the stock wheels

Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 PM

Well im still running my stock slicks on pavement and have no problem with them not gripping or falling off. I just run the slicks on smooth pavement and they grip just fine. Now as far as falling off it hasn't happened to me yet but if it does thats what super glue is for.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM

Also while running on pavement its good to adjust ur slipper clutch to slip for roughly 2 to 3 seconds while at full throttle from a dead stop, otherwise u WILL burn through tires very quickly and u WILL blow out ur transmission shaft gear. Why losi thought it was a good idea to put a brass gear in with harder steel gears is beyond me but eh, i still love my mini sct... And my micro sct
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Default Love my micro sct- wheel mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UG2Q...5&feature=plcp