Losi Forums » Main Categories » Micros and Minis »

Melting pinion on rally 1/24 with lipo

Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM

I would just keep the stock tires on the rear for the asphalt, sure they will go bald but once they are they grip really well. Also if u want paddles for the dunes just get a set of losi paddles and dish wheels they should do great
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM

the stock tires are terrible once you go through a set i would not look back at those...especially if you are running 3s and upgraded pinion and spur gears they will just fall off.

there are 3 really good options

1) traxxas 7073 tire/rim combo you will need losi hex set losb1931 for it to work....they onlly work in the rear
2) traxxas 7071 tires mounted on losi rims
3) losi larger diameter rims from mini slider losb1196 (not sure on the pn)

my tire after 1 week

here are the traxxas tires mounted on the stock wheels

Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 PM

Well im still running my stock slicks on pavement and have no problem with them not gripping or falling off. I just run the slicks on smooth pavement and they grip just fine. Now as far as falling off it hasn't happened to me yet but if it does thats what super glue is for.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM

Also while running on pavement its good to adjust ur slipper clutch to slip for roughly 2 to 3 seconds while at full throttle from a dead stop, otherwise u WILL burn through tires very quickly and u WILL blow out ur transmission shaft gear. Why losi thought it was a good idea to put a brass gear in with harder steel gears is beyond me but eh, i still love my mini sct... And my micro sct
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Default Love my micro sct- wheel mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UG2Q...5&feature=plcp
Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM

I agree with using LiFEPo4's, I have a metal box full of LiPos that I will sell eventually because I like the safety and increased life cycles with LiFE's.

OK, I can hear it now - lower voltage, lower C rating = less punch. That's my choice and I'll continue to buy LiFePO4's. For my 1/14 to 1/18 rides I use the MaxAmps 1050 3S
Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 AM

Default LiFEPo4 is the way to go!

I'm using MaxAmps 3S LiFEPo4's and they rock! Set your ESC to NIMH, not LiPo. The Low Voltage Cutoff will drop out because the LiFEPo4's are a lower voltage than LiPo's, but they sure do scramble!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 AM

Exclamation Micro Rally Battery Problems

Hello,
A few days ago a freind gave me his micro rally car with everything but a battery. Yesterday, I went to my local hobby shop and purchased the stock 4.8v battery. It worked fine the first 10 times I drove it. Then I put it on the charger and when i went to drive it, it lasted about 45 seconds till it didn't have enough power to spin the wheels in the air. Also, the red light goes off after about 5 minutes, not 20-25, and it won't charge. I'm not sure if it is the battery, charger, or car but can someone help me out?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexL View Post
Hello,
A few days ago a freind gave me his micro rally car with everything but a battery. Yesterday, I went to my local hobby shop and purchased the stock 4.8v battery. It worked fine the first 10 times I drove it. Then I put it on the charger and when i went to drive it, it lasted about 45 seconds till it didn't have enough power to spin the wheels in the air. Also, the red light goes off after about 5 minutes, not 20-25, and it won't charge. I'm not sure if it is the battery, charger, or car but can someone help me out?
are you using the box thatt takes 8 aa battery`s to charge the battery or a wall charger ?

if its the box then the aa batterys are goosed and need replacing with some good rechargables if its the wall charger then the charger or the battery is goosed and i would take it back for a replacement
Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohoo View Post
are you using the box thatt takes 8 aa battery`s to charge the battery or a wall charger ?

if its the box then the aa batterys are goosed and need replacing with some good rechargables if its the wall charger then the charger or the battery is goosed and i would take it back for a replacement
Its a battery box. Ok so i'll try some new batteries, thanks!

Tags
1.24 sct, 1/24 rally, 1/24 rally to sct conv, 1/24 truggy, 7.4, battery, binding, brushless, dead, dx3s, lipo, losb0242, micro, micro rally to sct conv, micro sct, motor, problem, problems, rally x, sct, short life