Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Default 810

So I need to change the backplate?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Default Losi 810 A-Arm breaks

My 810 is pretty new. But when i was using it the right rear A-Arm broke off at the end where the bolt goes on. OK, so i replaced it. Then the new one broke at the same spot after one use. So is there an issue with the right rear A-Arm breaking easy? Is there an after market A-Arm that is alot beefier then these. The end of the A-Arm is so thin that it seems like it cant take alot before it breaks.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 AM

Default 810 Pull Start cable Broke

Yesterday my cable broke when i pulled on it. Ive used it already before that so the engine was warm. Is there an alternative to a pull start? Can i change it to use a starter? Ive seen comments about using a starter box. Im not so big on that. I like how some cars can use a starter wand in the back to start it.

If not do i have to replace the whole starter unit in the back. Or can i just take it off and replaced the chord? I'm hoping its just the chord. Where can i get the cord if thats an option?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Token

Non-Starter Backplate: 3.4 - LOSR2134

and

Engine Mounts, Lowered: TEN-T, 810 - LOSB5034

and

a starter box, not sure which one.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM

Thank you that helps a lot.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:00 PM

Default Losi 810 Big Block Conversion

This is my first post and was told to come here for good advise. So, here it is...

I recently purchased a .24 big block motor and am trying to install it into my Losi 810. Obviously the original motor mounts do not work on a big block engine. I have been looking online to try and locate a bump start engine mount that will accomodate the hole pattern in my 810 chasis and will fit the big block motor so the gears line up.

If any one has some information for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Default Question on starter box for 810

Since I'm very new ti this I wanted to verify before buying:
I have the 810 and since the cable broke I decided ti change it to use a starter box using the suggested tip from this forum. Now for the starter box is what I'm wondering about. I'm looking at the ofna brand. But since I keep hearing that the 810 is a 1/10 but really 1/8 or the other way aroun I'm not sure if there is a difference in ofna starter boxes for the size. I wanted to know is there and what model Of the ofna will work best with the 810

Thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Get the OFNA chrome box (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ox-w-12V-Motor). It fits both 1/10 and 1/8 vehicles, buggy or truggy. There are multiple positionings for the pegs and the motor position can be adjusted as well. It also has a single monstrous motor with the wheel directly on it instead of 2 smaller motors and a belt, so it's a more robust setup. That box will start ANYTHING!

Just make sure you use a 4s lipo instead of a gel cell, and wire it with a good low-resistance connector like a Traxxas or Deans.

Also, unless you installed the M2C Racing clutch which has a larger flywheel, you will need to buy the lowered engine mounts (http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB5034). You'll also need to replace the pull start backplate with the non-starter one (http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSR2134).
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Default 810 Pullstart

Hey everyone just have a quick question I just bought the 810 last week and the pull start is free spinning I was told it was the one way bearing is this correct? When I take the glow plug out the piston is moving fine. If I cover glow plug hole feel like it has plenty of compression but as soon as the glow plug is in it will grap for a sec here and there and then it free spins. What do I do now?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:18 PM

Common problem. Clean the OWB with WD40 and try again. Some guys even drill a small hole in the backplate to allow cleaning without disassembling.

Tags
3.4, 810, buggy, losi, losi 810, losi 810 new buggy, losi 810 nitro, metal gears, nitro, non-starter backplate, problems, speed nt, spin-start backplate, spur gear, starter box, throttle/brake servo, tuning